Gidgegannup has developed rapidly over the last fifteen years since the adoption of the original Gidgegannup Rural Strategy. Subsequently the North Eastern Hills Settlement Pattern Plan was formulated and adopted and the Place Planning Process resulted in the Gidgegannup Rural Strategy being revised and adopted by Council in November 2004 and subsequently adopted by the WAPC in 2006.
A new Planning document has now been formulated by the WAPC and commented on by the Community. Directions 2031 and beyond is still in draft form for the North Eastern Outer Metropolitan Area, which covers Gidgegannup.
In the Draft document the following is noted: Gidgegannup: Gidgegannup is indicated as an urban investigation area on the draft urban expansion plan. Gidgegannup is currently constrained by matters relating to waste water treatment and water supply, quarrying,
public transport and traffic implications and that these matters will need to be resolved before any urban expansion will be supported. It is noted that the area under investigation in Gidgegannup is 400 ha and this process will take place from 2011-2020.
Reference is also made to The “Orange Route” as follows: Perth-Adelaide National Highway – Toodyay Road (Orange Route)
Any new developments along this road will require improvements. Consideration will need to be given as to the extent of upgrading required as it may be many years before the future Perth-Adelaide National Highway replaces the existing regional role of the Great Eastern Highway.
It is also interesting to note that the City of Swan’s Increase of Population projection for Gidgegannup to 2026 is 1300 people.
metropolitan region scheme
– amendment 1239/41
The Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) intends to amend the Metropolitan Region Scheme (MRS) for land in the local government of Swan and is seeking public comment.
The amendment seeks to transfer approximately 296.36 ha of land from the rural zone to the urban deferred zone.
Submissions must be lodged with the: Secretary, Western Australian Planning Commission, Locked Bag 2506, Perth WA 6001; on or before 5 pm Friday 22 March 2013.
gidgegannup lifestyle survey
The aim of this survey was to find out why we all live in Gidgegannup, and what it is that needs protecting.
This information can be used to support our lifestyle when negotiating with state and local authorities
to only allow development that meets with our community requirements.
gidgegannup townsite survey
The aim of this survey was to find out what we all think about the townsite proposals so far.
This information will form the basis of our submissions to Local and State Government.
Gidgegannup Progress Association
City of Swan / EMRC
– 2010/03/31 · City of Swan “Proposed Rezoning to Urban” (18 KB)
– 2009/10/14 · City of Swan “Development Priorities” (50 KB)
– 2009/06/12 · City of Swan “Response to GPA letter” (174 KB)
– 2008/11/00 · City of Swan “Swan Hills Place Planning” (53KB)
– 2007/09/18 · EMRC “Waste Water Plant – Summary” (69 KB)
– 2004/11/00 · Investigation of Water and Sewer Options (342 KB)
– 2004/11/00 · Gidgegannup/Brigadoon Place Plan (web)
– 2004/07/00 · Gidgegannup Rural Strategy zoning (234 KB)
– 2004/07/00 · Gidgegannup Rural Strategy Policy (411 KB)
State Government / State Corporations
– 2012/03/24 · WAPC “Directions 2031 and Beyond “ (web)
– 2009/07/08 · WAPC “Scheme Amendments Deferred” (web)
– 2008/11/05 · WAPC “Future development of the NE corridor” (web)
– 2008/10/13 · DPI “Letter to GPA” (54 KB)
– 2008/09/19 · Water Corporation “Letter to GPA” (46 KB)
– 2008/04/28 · Min. for Planning “Letter to GPA” (143 KB)
– 2007/12/10 · Min. for Planning “Letter to GPA” (344 KB)
– 2007/11/00 · Giz Watson MLC “Perth Hills Planning Bill” (web)
– 2007/08/23 · Min. for Planning “Letter to GPA” (89 KB)
– 2007/08/15 · Water Corporation “Letter to GPA” (134 KB)
– 2002/04/00 · North Eastern Hills Settlement Pattern Plan (5.71 MB)